Sunday, November 2, 2014

November - Another 30 days of Thankfulness

As I realize how little I have written over the past months I have begun to wonder is there a need to even have a blog any more.  Then I think of all that is ahead of us and behind us and I can't imagine not sharing it.  So, here I am, November staring me in the face and challenging me to once again express my thankfulness.  Hopefully this month as I express my thankfulness I will also open the window to our life a little wider. 



The Privilege to Life in Spain

Sometimes I just complain about how hard things are or I dream of another life, and yet I have been given one incredible privilege - the opportunity to live and work in Spain.  Spain is a gorgeous country with a deep history.  The people value relationships more than anything else, and thus, after the passing of time, I have a group of friends that stop life just to chat with me.  

In October we have seen mountains, castles, churches (from the days before anyone was even dreaming of traveling to America), gardens, and more that proclaim the beauty of God!  We have laughed and cried with friends.  We have tasted new Spanish cuisine (some that I liked and some that go in the "interesting" list).  

The world is a huge place and I am thankful that God has allowed me to be here in Spain.  I cannot imagine another country where I would have rather that God sent me.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment