Friday, February 14, 2014

Language Exam Scores!

I am a bit compulsive at times - ok, I can hear my husband in the back of my head, so I should just say it as it is - I am a lot compulsive at times.  Checking for language exam scores has become one of those times.  I put the link on my bookmark toolbar and it became a habit to click on it several times a day (starting 30 days after the exam, even though they said 80 to 90 days). 

Yesterday morning, as was part of my normal routine, I checked.  No scores for the November test
date.  Then we had a meeting where knowing the scores would help, so I checked again around noon.  Nope.  Then, killing time (actually avoiding work), I checked again around 4:00.  See - I said I was a little compulsive.  And "button" had changed from August scores to November scores. 

I waited on Scott to come down before clicking on it.  Held my breath.  Entered my information (well, actually, just pushed the down arrow since I had checked so many times it was in the memory and I just had to click on it).  Scrolled down, afraid to let the breath out, and there it was, the words I wanted to see -

La calificación final es de: APTO
(The final grade is:  PASS)

I spent the whole night jumping up and down.  Every time I made a Spanish mistake I thought "but, I passed."   I was not sure I would ever see those words, but with God's help and a whole lot of studying and work, there they were!  

By no means am I done studying - so much more to learn and perfect and practice and more, but I passed!  I cannot wait to see what the next season has in store!

No comments:

Post a Comment