Friday, August 1, 2014

Beauty

We have seen some incredible sites here in Italy.  We have walked through ruins that are more than 2000 years old.  We have stared in amazement at the Sistine Chapel and St. Peter's Basilica in Rome.  But yesterday, as I donned my snorkel and mask and headed out into the Mediterranean I realized that man can never out build or create any beauty greater than that of God's. 

These pictures don't do it justice, although Scott did a fabulous job with photography.  The place is breathtaking and serene and just simply gorgeous! 

We had to hike down about 30 minutes and it never really crossed my mind how steep we were going.  We enjoyed a picnic, jumped off the ledge, we swam into a cove, we explored the crystal clear waters, and then returned to our car.  Uh - what goes down, must go up when it comes to hiking.  I thought I was gonna die!  But the beauty was worth the pain (which I am still feeling in my legs today)!




No comments:

Post a Comment